Sheep’s Head and Bantry Tourism Cooperative Marketing Role Jobs Specification
The Sheep’s Head and Bantry Tourism Cooperative is an organisation which has worked since 2013 to promote the communities and businesses that offer services to tourists along the route of the Sheep’s Head Way walking route. In order to further our aims, we are seeking to appoint a marketing coordinator on a contract basis for 10 hours per week. The appointed person or agency will be responsible for the following duties:
• Liaising and building relationships with co-op members, prospective and returning tourists, journalists, tourism offices, Fáilte Ireland, Tourism Ireland, and other relevant organisations in Ireland and abroad.
• Developing, supporting, and documenting collaborative activities among co-op members.
• Keeping members informed about research findings and training opportunities.
• Liaising with similar groups to gather ideas at regional and national level.
• Promoting shareholder businesses.
• Ensuring a fair distribution of promotional activity for all of our members.
• Working with co-op members to create unique press release opportunities that promote our core message.
• Carrying out market research and customer surveys to assess demand, brand positioning and awareness.
• Compiling and analysing progress reports for Directors’ meetings.
• Designing and delivering min. 6 workshops for co-op members.
Trade Marketing Role
• Working to build relationships with tour operators to ensure that they have a direct line of contact with accurate information about local attractions, services, events and packages.
• Developing new tour packages and marketing them on behalf of members
• Attending at least 2 relevant trade events and exhibitions per year.
General Marketing Responsibilities
• Maintaining and building contacts with the media.
• Managing the production of marketing materials, including promotional brochures, advert and flyers. This work will involve writing and proof-reading copy and liaising with designers and printers.
• Developing advertising opportunities, which can involve placing adverts in national, regional and specialist publications or on the radio.
• Compiling, writing and distributing e-newsletters for prospective tourists and co-op members.
• Arranging for the effective distribution of marketing materials.
• Analysing marketing practices used by similar organisations nationally and internationally.
• Ensuring that our marketing campaign reflects the vibrant and diverse culture of West Cork, and does not obscure the contributions non-nationals are making to our co-op and to our community as a whole.
Online Marketing Responsibilities
• Undertaking all aspects of maintaining and updating our WordPress website at http://livingthesheepsheadway.com
• Maintaining and updating our events calendar at http://livingthesheepsheadway.com/whats-on (WordPress).
• Managing tourist-focused, and co-op-focused website content and ensuring that content is accurate and tailored to the overall marketing message we are promoting, and or the co-op’s needs.
• Maintaining up-to-date knowledge on the changing social media landscape.
• Conceptualising new and creative ways to promote our brands while generating involvement from fans & followers.
• Maintaining and developing an online marketing strategy for our area and rolling it out on a range of social networks (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn) where we already have a substantial presence (inc. all content generation, images etc).
• Ongoing monitoring, maintenance, optimisation, and organisation of social media platforms
• Tracking, evaluating and reporting on the progress of social media campaigns.
• Monitoring trends in social, digital, and mobile media use and exploring new tools, trends and applications.
• Maintaining, updating, and sending newsletters via our internal MailChimp databases.
Promoting Collaborative Projects and Innovation
• Identifying gaps in tourist provision in our area, and working with co-op members to bring relevant products to market.
• Supporting local community groups in the branding, marketing and development of tourism-focused projects.
• Sharing research, and other information via regular e-newsletter, and the web forum with co-op members.
• Staying abreast of trends, and practices in the tourist promotion industry through keeping up-to-date with research.
• Participating in relevant workshops and meetings with Fáilte Ireland, Cork County Council, Visit Cork, LEADER and other relevant bodies.
• Conduct small-scale research into trends, practices and services within the co-op.
• Carrying out small-scale market research and customer surveys to assess demand, brand positioning and awareness.
Skills & Other Considerations
The person in this role must be able to
• Effectively and creatively communicate information and ideas in written and oral format.
• Complete projects as assigned to deadline.
• Have qualifications and /or relevant business experience which would fit them for this role.
• Ensure that our operations are competitive in the tourist marketplace.
• Work independently and in teams to devise and meet deadlines.
• Work within budgetary constraints.
• We run an incredibly low-cost campaign. Our budget for brochures and flyers for the 2.5 year contract is €5000 and our advertising budget for the same period is €2,500. Please take these constraints into account in your submission.
• Mileage costs will only be provided for journeys beyond the area covered by the Sheep’s Head Way.
• No office will be provided for this role: phone, ink and paper costs will be covered, but all other costs should be included in the overall quotation.
• While, the domain name and hosting costs for our website are covered separately, all other web maintenance costs and time involved should be included in the time allocation and budget assigned to this role.
Submitting a Quotation
Please submit a quotation to cover your charge for delivering this role for 2.5 years (10 hours per week). Enclose a brief CV that identifies relevant experience and qualifications for all aspects of the role, and a short description of the approach you would take to this project.
If there are areas of the contract where you would need additional support (e.g. web maintenance, please indicate this so that we can seek additional quotations for these aspects of the role.)
Completed quotations should be submitted to John Tobin at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 5th July 2017.
For further details, contact John Tobin at email@example.com